Thursday, October 7, 2010

My Memory

Wow! What a year this has been? Or has it ? where did the time go? I still struggle to remember what I did last month or even last week, and I won’t fool myself into thinking that I will be super-human enough to remember what I did 6 months ago! I’m slowly morphing into my grandma, as I reluctantly accept reality that my once reliable brain power is not so “powerful” anymore and l forget things!!!
I forget things that I have no reason to forget! I knew that I was supposed to put gas in the car, it was a part of my plan for tomorrow; except that when tomorrow comes, I forget and the vicious amnesic cycle is thankfully interrupted by the red warning light on the dash board ! Am I supposed to fear the future or embrace it for the challenges it bring? I choose to do the latter, and I vow to cherish the moments as they happen and appreciate the memories if and when they make guest appearances.
So since the last time I blogged, I have been enjoying life. They say life is what you make it, but I say life is making the most of the opportunity you have been given to live!!! Live and live like its your last. I am so grateful for where I am and I know that even though I’m not where I would like to be, I am happy!!! I may forget things, but I am happy! I enjoy living, I enjoy life, I love my family, I love my friends, I love my job, I love life, I love the fact that I can freely tell others that I love them and mean it!!!
I hope I never forget how to love! I hope I never forget to tell the ones I love that I love them! I hope that one day others will know what it is to love someone so much that it seem surreal. I had the opportunity to see my bff a few weeks ago, and she epitomizes love like no other. I had not seen her in 6 years and all the emotions could only be summarized in one word L-O-V-E. Amazing . I am often reminded by another bff famous words “ I love you but God loves you more” and I’m thankful; I hope I never forget to be thankful , well at least not for another 50 years!!
Random thoughts as I give my thoughts an outlet. My brain is in overdrive tonight and I’m embracing the visit, with an aim to restoring the close relationship we once shared.

2 comments:

Rockaway Girl said...

Welcome back Jaycan!! I truthfully thought you had given this up and I am glad you didn't! Your post is so infectious and animated I am looooving it!! It's a wonderful feeling to be grateful for the simple and yet little cherished things we take for granted ever so often. Memory lapses and forgetfulness...girl you are not alone and like you I try to embrace same and make it my little adventure :)

Jaycan said...

Thanks girl, its comforting to know that I'm not alone, so we can make this an adventure and have some fun while we are at it. Thanks for stopping by and I hope to be a regular visitor to the blogosphere realm.